Monday, March 10, 2014

Starting fresh.....

For those that don’t know, our family relocated in January from Michigan to Minnesota due to my husband accepting a job.  We were nervous but excited at the same time.  It was hard leaving our family and friends for sure, not to mention the place we grew up and familiar surroundings.  But, we took a leap of faith and put our trust in God, that this is truly where he wanted us to be.  So here we are.  Minnesota.  My husband has a dream of living in Alaska, I do not.  And after being here for a month and a half, I told him this is as close to Alaska as it’s going to get.  I am staying home now, after working full time, and taking care of our first daughter, Stella, as well as preparing for the arrival of our second daughter, Fiona.  It was a rough transition out here, to say the least (that’s a whole separate post or two!), but we made it and couldn’t be happier.  We definitely have had our challenges on the way, which is the reason for the name of this blog.  On the way out here, my auntie had a change purse that said “Life is all about how you handle plan B”.  I swear I’m going to have that tattooed on my forehead (not really).  We have had more plan B’s than I like but have made the best out of each one, to the best of our ability.  Anyway, despite some ups and downs, we are adjusting well and making new friends. My one friend Amanda, that’s what I call her, suggested that I start a blog.  She caught my interest in this because I am not really up with blogs and such but she mentioned it would be a great way to share all of my home creations and get out there in social networking (haha!).  So she is my motivator for this, let’s hope it works!  I hope you will enjoy my thoughts, recipes, funny mom moments and anything else I come up with….which could be interesting, I surprise myself sometimes!  Take care and enjoy!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment